BRUSH FOR ORAL HEALTH
• Brush your teeth for 2 minutes 2 times per day or preferably every after meals for interception and prevention of caries
• Use fluoride toothpaste and soft-bristled toothbrush
• Always rinse toothbrush with water after brushing. Store toothbrush in an upright position and allow to air-dry until using again. Don’t cover or store toothbrush in closed container, which can encourage bacteria growth.
• Replace toothbrush every 3 to 4 months or sooner if bristles become frayed.
• Practice proper brushing techniques
Tips for Good Oral Hygiene
FLOSSING FOR ORAL HEALTH
Flossing is important since toothbrush bristles cannot reach the tight spaces between the teeth.
Flossing before brushing might allow more fluoride from the toothpaste to reach between teeth.
• In addition to daily brushing and flossing, consider using an anti-microbial or fluoride mouth rinse.
• Avoid toothpicks or other sharp objects that could injure the gums.
• Eat a well-balanced diet.
• Quit smoking. Smoking increase risk for gum disease
• See your dentist regularly